Video Rude TSA agent – YouTube

Discussion in 'Aviation Passenger Security in the USA' started by Fisher1949, Nov 7, 2011.

  1. TravelnMedic

    TravelnMedic Original Member

    I dont have that shirt but i do have one similar to it, and a button on my backback. In reality if you see a camera set up like i have it shouldnt be a surprise that your being recored, but there are pesky wiretapping laws. God Bless Texas and single party laws!
     
  2. N965VJ

    N965VJ Original Member

    UA FAs as well :rolleyes::

     
  3. Fisher1949

    Fisher1949 Original Member Coach

    I'm pretty sure that is no longer true, those signs reportedly were removed earlier this year. MdTA got nailed for a second time for harassing a photographer at train platform which triggered their removal. It never was illegal but a broadened interpretation of the airport ban on "commercial" filming without written approval.

    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-mta-photography-20110602,0,6046710.story

    The upshot of the verdict was that the signs came down shortly thereafter. Since MdTA currently acts as LE at BWI it is only a matter of time before someone deliberately films the checkpoints (likely Southwests A & B gates because of the clear shot) and gets thrown out of the airport by MdTA. Ideally they'll have a partner discretely recording the incident and engage the same law firm who handled this case and the other one two years before.

    The Judge was incensed that they were back in court for the same offense so soon and made it clear that there better not be a third. Given the precdent and TSA stupidity there is probably a tidy sum waiting for the person with the fortitude and time to pull this off.

    BTW, the BWI airport manager is also on record as having said that there is no ban on photography or filming in the airport. (I can't find that link right now but have it in the archive.)
     
    barbell likes this.
  4. Lisa Simeone

    Lisa Simeone Original Member

    Wow, amazing website. The stuff is all too complicated for me (or I'm too lazy), but I love that people are out there doing this stuff.
     
  5. Lisa Simeone

    Lisa Simeone Original Member

    Ah, really? Okay, glad to hear it. Not that I'm flying, but glad to know that people who are might be able to get away with filming these criminals.
     
  6. Lisa Simeone

    Lisa Simeone Original Member

    This was a flight attendant objecting?? The (expletive deleted) with her. By the way, Ms. Flight Attendant, it's "encroaching," not "encrouching." Sorry, but when people like this get on their high horse, out of paranoia and ignorance no less, everything's fair game.
     
    barbell and Fisher1949 like this.
  7. Fisher1949

    Fisher1949 Original Member Coach

    The airlines are complicit in this. No surprise that the FAs are following their lead.
     
    Lisa Simeone and barbell like this.
  8. Louis Betti

    Louis Betti Original Member

    I would have told that UA FA to just get to her plane, and provide the 3rd rate service their airline is known for! Too many FAs now think they are security officers, and many have no idea of what customer service is!
     
  9. rockon

    rockon Original Member

    I wonder what would have happened if the kid had been commando?
     
  10. Mike

    Mike Founding Member Coach

    Well, they are safety & security officers for the 1% of the time that it matters -- when there's an in-flight medical or security issue. The other 99% of the time their job is to serve us drinks make & make us comfy.

    UA really made an effort to improve their customer service 2-3 years ago. I started noticing quite a difference compared to the old UA on a trip to Geneva in late 2009 & a couple runs to Oz in 2010. Unfortunately we felt we had to quit flying due to TSA abuse.
     
  11. Rugape

    Rugape Original Member

    I believe that was NOO and at SeaTac I think, he had about 3 hours of footage? But that was all out in the public area in front of the checkpoint - at least that I saw anyway.
     

Share This Page